Today we’re continuing the awesomeness that is HEATHER’S PICKS. I’ll turn it over now to the expert…
“It’s that time of year again: on the heels of BEA comes the big ALA show. And with so many books to look at, here are my top 5 titles to grab/stalk from HarperCollins for this Fall 2012.
On Sale 8/28/12
• Author & Illustrator Michael Hall has used shapes to encourage creativity in his previous books (MY HEART IS LIKE A ZOO & PERFECT SQUARE); in his newest book wordplay is the name of the game as three cats head out for an afternoon of homophones and homonyms. Perfect for classroom use, it will also have kids giggling – plus CATS!!!!
On Sale 8/21/12
• What happens when a C+ prankster student with impulse control issues ends up in a Talented & Gifted Class by mistake? Full of hilarious odd-man-out moments & one liners, author Gordon Korman introduces a character who just might fit in & find friends in the most unlikely of places.
On Sale 9/18/12
• In a gothic steampunk alternative London, half-human half-faery changeling Bartholomew Kettle tries to solve a murder mystery involving other changelings before it hits too close to home. Debut author & teen musical prodigy Stefan Bachmann creates a world full of horror, wonder, humor, & excitement that was hailed as one of the Big Books of the season by PW at BookExpo!
On Sale 9/18/12
• In this horror novel loosely inspired by Agatha Christie’s AND THEN THERE WERE NONE, ten teens head to a house party at a remote island mansion off the Washington coast…only for them to be picked off by a killer one by one. A creepy & fast paced read for any horror movie fans of SCREAM or I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER!
On Sale 10/2/12
• A brutally honest, riveting story of three high school wrestlers struggling to prove they are worthy of love and recognition. Totally not my normal genre, this is a compelling contemporary read that takes you deep into the mindset of high school athletes looking to win at all costs.”
Thank you, Heather! Tomorrow we’ll be posting our complete ALA signing schedule– if you’ll be in Anaheim with us, swing by our booth, #2558!